Leasowe Castle was originally built in 1593 by Ferdinand, 5th Earl of Derby, second heir to the English throne. Named "New Hall", it consisted only of an octagonal tower. The door was about six feet above ground level, for security and protection from high tides; the walls were one metre thick.
Leasowe Castle Hotel is only 1 minute walk away from the beach. The 16th-century castle looks out over Leasowe Golf Course and Liverpool Bay. It mixes original character with modern comforts, such as free parking, and free WiFi.
The Leasowe Castle Hotel is a 4-star AA rated hotel and has en-suite rooms with tea/coffee making facilities and TVs. Each room has a trouser press, ironing facilities and a hairdryer.
The Leasowe Castle has a stylish bar and quiet gardens for guests to relax in. Brasserie 1593 specialises in modern British cuisine. After the death of Sir Edward the Castle passed through several members of the family until it became Leasowe Castle Hotel in 1891. It was bought by the trustees of the railway Convalescence Homes in 1910 and except for a short time during the First World War, when it accommodated German prisoners, it was occupied by a Matron, Assistant Matron, Head Gardener, Maintenance Engineer and various catering and domestic staff until to 1970. It again stood derelict as it had some 300 years before; a 20th Century Mock Beggar until in 1982 when it was purchased by a local businessman and restored as one of the finest hotels in Wirral and a conference centre. The Castle is now owned by Lawton Hotels Ltd who have refurbished it in keeping with its great history and character.
Members have rated this hotel:
Why our members like this hotel:
- Complimentary WIFI
- Early Check-In - Late Check-Out
- Best rate guaranteed
- Business Centre
- Car Parking
- Meeting room
Leasowe Castle Hotel – Wirral
Telephone number: 0151 606 9191
Email address: [email protected]
Book direct with Oodles.Club and you:
direct to your inbox