Top tips for staying healthy in 2018
After a season of overindulgence, it’s time to be good and put aside the chocolate and pick-up some fruit! Here are a few tips to help you on your way.
Think about what you’re eating
1. Make sure at least half of your plate is covered in fruit or vegetables – stop thinking about them as the ‘side’ in your meal.
2. Eat more beans. Being packed with fibre, protein, potassium and much more, means they’re so good for you body. They’re filling too, try them as a replacement for meat.
3. Eat plain yoghurt instead of the full-fat option. If it’s too tart, you can mix it with fruit such as berries, bananas, or other fruit.
Be more active
1. Put the car keys down and walk. Walking is a great gentle way of exercising.
2. Do short bursts of exercise to raise your heart rate, such as jogging on the spot and walking quickly.
3. Check out what’s happening at your local leisure centre for regular classes and facilities you didn’t know where there.
4. Take up swimming; it’s a fantastic all over body exercise and low impact on your joints.
5. Get up off the sofa more often, try to move around at least once an hour for a few minutes.